WPML is a plugin for WordPress. Simply put, plugins extend the functionality of the basic WordPress CMS. In our case, WPML makes Aurum run multilingual (more). It is a premium plugin so if you want to make your website multilingual you can purchase it separately as we mentioned on the item page.
Aurum is WPML compatible ( certified and tested by the WPML team), this plugins is a premium plugin and can be purchased from the official WPML site www.wpml.org so in order to make this theme work with it you should install the following plugins:
There are two versions of WPML: Multilingual Blog and Multilingual CMS. We highly recommend the Multilingual CMS version. Why? It offers many more useful features for the price, particularly translation management capabilities. The WPML Multilingual Blog account type does not provide access to String Translation and translation management components.
Make sure that the WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation, and WPML Media Translation plugins are installed and activated.
Those are WPML plugins that you need for every multilingual site and they will let you build complete multilingual sites and translate them conveniently.
So what they do:
- WPML Multilingual CMS — The core plugin turns WordPress multilingual. It adds the basic translation controls and allows translating content.
- WPML String Translation — This plugin allows to translate interface strings directly from within WordPress without having to use .mo files. It allows more than just translating static texts. It also lets you translate user-generated texts that are outside of posts and pages. For example, the tagline and SEO data.
- WPML Media*— Translate images, this plugin allows using the WordPress Gallery in different languages. You can control which images will display for each language.
* — optional plugin.
Translating your pages
With WPML, you can also translate any types of contents in your site, including pages and posts. For an easy start, read our Getting Started Guide.
Translating pages built with WPBakery Page Builder
The Aurum theme comes bundled with WPBakery Page Builder plugin. Visit WPML documentation page for exact steps on how to translate contents build with WPBakery Page Builder.
Adding translation support for custom WPBakery Page Builder modules
WPML allows you to manually enable the translation of custom WPBakery Page Builder modules and modules’ attributes. Check out our guide on defining page builder shortcodes in the language configuration file.
Translating texts from Aurum theme, plugins and other places
Besides contents coming from posts and pages on your site, there are usually some texts coming from other places. Most common examples are themes and plugins. To learn how to translate these texts, read our documentation page about translating strings.
Translating Aurum menus
WPML allows you to easily synchronize between your language’s menus. We recommend that you see our full documentation explaining how to translate a menu.
Translating Slider Revolution
The theme comes with the powerful Slider Revolution plugin. WPML team prepared a dedicated documentation that explains how to translate sliders built with Slider Revolution.
Here you will find WPML documentation and information that can help you to translate your site.
- WPML — Official site of WPML plugin.
- WPML Support — If you have purchased WPML, here is their support center.
- Translating Themes and Plugins — See how to translate themes and plugins with WPML.
- Video Tutorials — Find out about new tutorials and compatibility news with themes and plugins.